Monday, November 14, 2011

where have i been? and other rants.

I haven't been on my typical blogging schedule lately. When I started blogging again after my "maternity leave" I created a pretty intense blogging schedule. I had scheduled six posts a week with ideas for guest posts and so many other ideas. I think I must have been a little to ambitious. I would say ninety percent of my days are focused on the girls. Playing, soothing, changing, playing, napping, feeding and so on. I'm so lucky to be able to be at home with our two girls. Before we moved I was working anywhere from thirty for forty five hours a week, there wasn't a whole lot of time left to spend with Aurora. Now that we've moved to Arizona I get to spend my days at home.



When we first moved here I had a lot of ambitions. I started blogging, crafting and doing all kinds of fun things with Aurora. When I got pregnant things started to slow down, now that Carolina is here its really slowed down. Almost to a stop. The time I get to myself is close to, well none. Unless I stay up super late or get up super early my attention is on our girls. I'm not mad about that, please don't get me wrong. I really do enjoy the time I get to spend at home. A lot of times I get cabin fever and frustrated but not a lot of moms get to do what I get to do, so I'm counting my blessings for sure. I have a lot of ideas for crafts and blog posts but when it comes down to it I just don't have the time. Someday I will though.

I'm cutting my post schedule in half. I can't get stressed out about posting on my blog. It's supposed to be fun. I started to blog to document our new adventure when we moved to Arizona and that's what I'm going to continue it to be. I'm not going to continue to except sponsorship at this point either. I'm so thankful for the ladies who have done ad swaps with me. It's been wonderful. I'll do it again I'm sure. Right now I'm just going to feature three of my favorite blogger friends each month.



Half the time I feel like my blog posts end up being about my frustrations with blogging. I don't want it to be like that either. Thanks everyone for continue to comment and follow my blog. You're all so wonderful!

Do you ever feel overwhelmed with your blogging?

3 comments:

  1. you are so lucky to be able to be around your girls. that is what i want when tom and i start a family, we don't want to pay for childcare and have someone else raise our baby but it is really hard to find that balance. we will and it will be perfect. i do get overwhelmed about blogging, more then i should and i have to remind myself that it isn't a huge deal and that my life and living it is more important.
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes feel overwhelmed. but i always set limits. like i will take sundays completely off and i wont blog until something inspires me.. that kind of thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still pretty new at this but I definitely feel like sometimes I hit a block and can't think of what to write. I have so many ideas but some of them just don't end up making it into writing.

    Just make time for yourself. Don't stress about it. If you don't have time that day, don't force it or you will end up resenting it.

    http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete