Wednesday, May 25, 2011

it's my birthday, i'll do what i want!

Birthdays have always been pretty important to me. I was an only child growing up so yes, I was a little spoiled. My parents were always wonderful and gave me the best they could. I didn’t get everything I wanted but I did get to be the center of attention a lot. Now that I’m a mom it’s nice to have that day/week and say “It’s my birthday, I’ll do what I want!” The fact that mother’s day is in the same month as my birthday is just a bonus. Call me self centered if you want but the other 11 months out of the years it’s all about my family, so I can have one right?

I’ve been crazy busy lately as well. I don’t think I’ve ever sent out so many e-mails before. I think that’s a pretty good sign though. I’m working hard to make my blog and Etsy shop something to be proud of. It’s what I really enjoy doing so it should be the best it can be. My school work may be suffering slightly for that but I learned my lesson. I just had to resubmit my first project ever; thankfully my Professor is extremely understood.


At the beginning of this week I made a list of all the things I wanted to get done. I must say it has been working way better than the daily lists I used to make. I’ve been feeling pretty productive but not over worked at the same time. I still have a lot to cross off and I keep adding too it, but I’m getting there. I started out pretty down in the dumps but this week has really been perking up!

I’ve been contemplating spoiling myself a little for this birthday. Most of the time when I have a few extra pennies to rub together I run out and buy more craft supplies or take my daughter to McDonalds. Since I have a few extra dollars of birthday money I’m thinking of spending it on a new and fun camera. I’ve really been trying to make photography enjoyable for myself again. Since it is my major I should at least want to take picture right?

Do you have any fun camera recommendations for me? I was thinking something in the ways of a 35mm lomograph camera.


Veronica from Crack the Sky got this White Angel – Wide Angle Lens that looks really fun.

I’m still up in the air. If you could buy yourself something a little special for your birthday, what would it be?

I know something that you could all get me for my birthday. Take some thought into donating to one of the great organizations that are helping those affected by the recent tornados and flood waters that are distorting our beautiful country. Those people need more than I could ever ask for right now.

Don’t forget: today is the last day to enter the little birthday custom order giveaway!!!

One more thing before I'm done. Here's a little Birthday from Zac Hanson. Maybe it was for his 21st Birthday and I'm way past that but everytime I watch it I crack up! So, enjoy...

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday girl! Hope you had a great day!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a good birthday week!

    and good luck crossing off all your to-dos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful week where you do what you want :) The Diana Camera is pretty awesome, although that wide lens camera looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! you deserve the BEST day EVER!!!! i hope you had a great day sweetie and you were treated like the queen you are!! big birthday hug!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if you're still in the market, but if you are- talk to Ben. He knows cameras and might be a great help.

    ReplyDelete