Monday, April 11, 2011

the other man in my life.

Our poor dog Piston is going to the vet today to have a tooth removed. He's a bit "special" sometimes and chews of weird things like rocks and other hard objects. Him having to have surgery made me think of my very first blog post, which feels like forever ago, which was all about him. When we first adopted him I couldn’t stand him. I thought he was ruining my life and I couldn’t handle it. Marc and Aurora were totally in love with the guy so I decided to give it my best. I cried and whined a lot but Piston and I got through our tough times.

I like to call him "Sir."


He’s two and a half years old now and is finally coming out of his puppy stage. We went through two recliners, one couch, and countless other items due to his crazy behavior; I wouldn’t take him back for the world. It was totally worth it.



Most of the time he lays around all day, I think he probably sleeps about 16 hours, oh to be a dog. He lets Aurora poke, prod him, and sit on him, and he doesn’t even flinch. When we have to take him to the doggie hotel for an overnight stay Aurora cries and cries, she misses “Woofie,” it melts my heart.



He loves hugs and kisses. He just a big cuddle buddy, he really thinks he a lap dog. He well come over and literally sit in your lap. 65 pounds of boxer isn’t small that’s for sure. Piston also loves it when my husband picks him up like a baby and carries him around. It’s one of the funniest things to watch. He absolutely loves Marc. When Marc comes home you would think he brought a t-bone steak with him every day, Piston freaks out! He bounces around trying to chase his non-tail like a crazy person. I really need to get this on video someday.



Piston still has issues. He has some anxiety issues and sometimes relieves himself in the house when he’s stressed out. Sometime when we have visitors he gets a stomach ache and vomits, a lot. He always eats random things. At this point I’ve stopped keeping track of the weird things he’s eaten. His two favorite things are baby wipes (clean or dirty) and dryer sheets, I have no idea why. We try really hard to stop him, but you can’t watch him ever second.



He also HATES other dogs. There are a few dogs in the apartment complex that I think he would be friendly with, but I don’t really want to take that chance. He also adores kids. The only thing I worry about when some kids come up and want to pet him is that he’ll knock them over. He’s not a fan of adults though, mainly man. He’s super protective over Aurora, and honestly, I’m okay with that. I know he would do anything to protect her and our family. Although I never wanted him to be a “guard dog” he makes me feel really safe.

He drive me crazy, but I love the big ding dong!

4 comments:

  1. Awh he's adorable! My dog is much older, she's 12, and recently had to get 10 or so teeth removed. I thinks it's adorable when dogs are gap-toothed. Haha :)

    anthropomorphity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything went great in his surgery! That can be so stressful to have your dog go under anesthesia. I know what you mean when you say he ruined furniture. We too have gone through a couple couches, rugs and chairs. haha... OH and my dogs LOVE dryer sheets too! They have never seen a baby wipe {but im sure they will love them when I do have a kid!} haha. It can be so stressful, but at the end of the day I love my little doggies and I wouldn't change a thing! I hope everything is going great with your pregnancy! Have a good week Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! He is too precious! Hoping he came through everything with flying colors. I'm jonsing for a blue tick hound, I've never had a dog before and I'd like to raise one from a puppy :]
    xo Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lOVE this post! Makes me think of my Mr. Bo...Boxers are such sweethearts :)

    ReplyDelete