Friday, February 25, 2011

non-polaroid polaroid.

I love a good Polaroid photo. They are so fun and quirky. I love when they have discolorations and maybe you’re not even sure what the picture is of, it’s like a game! Recently I’ve been very into the idea of using the outline of a Polaroid for the frame of an illustration. You may have noticed that from the attempt at a Valentine’s Day card and my List Book. I’m really inspired by so many artists on Etsy who really took that idea and ran with it. I think it gives a simple image so much character!

blackoutwell


dollfacelala


justnoey


michelemaule


not sure who to give credit too, but i found this lovely via crack the sky


thetinyfig


greenmot


What's your favorite non-Polaroid Polaroid?

5 comments:

  1. Eep! So cute!! Did you see my non-Instax that I posted earlier this morning? I swear, you and I must be on the same wavelength! haha!

    http://crackthesky17.blogspot.com/2011/02/52-weeks-week-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute! i love the drawing of the polaroid!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! Good finds!

    I love making my pics look like polaroids using picnik ... psuedo-polaroids! :)

    Maegan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on this. These photos look neat, especially the ones with the "polaroid" frame. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The camera with the felt photo is AMAZING! Gosh, people are so stinking creative.

    ReplyDelete