Monday, November 15, 2010

my first inspiration.

I’ve been asked a few times who my favorite photographer is throughout the time I’ve been back in classes. I love so many different artists I’ve found through Etsy and other research but I always go back to the same photographer. Back when I was taking photography 101 at community college I was introduced to Jerry Uelsmann. His style was completely unique to me and I fell in love with it.




His work is very different from my style and typically my taste but something about it draws me in. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he started editing images into wonderland before you could do it on a computer. He took time and great effort in creating each unique image in a dark room. The grit and grim of his labor I think shows in his work. Every single one of his images still blows my mind.


His work was truly my first introduction to Photography as an art form and I think he will always remain my favorite.


Check out more of his photography at his website.

Also, take a look at his wifes work. Maggie Taylor is also one of my favorite artists.



Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing work! It's quite impressive that he created those images in the dark room instead of on a computer.

    ReplyDelete